Changes in Ecosystem Student Expectation
The student is expected to predict the effects of changes in ecosystems caused by living organisms, including humans, such as the overpopulation of grazers or the building of highways.
- Living organisms, including humans, can change their environment.
- Changes to the environment made by organisms can affect other organisms.
- We can predict the effects of changes to the environment caused by organisms.
- How can living organisms, such as humans, change their environment?
- What happens to organisms if their environment changes? Can you think of good and bad changes?
- How might highways or bridges affect an environment and the organisms that live there?
Invasive species: type of plant or animal that is not indigenous (native) to a particular area and causes economic or environmental harm.
1- green invaders kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/science/green-invaders/#invaders-carolina-wren-with-food.jpg
& invasive stinkbug video (at bottom of page)
Project links human_activities___natural_events_that_affect_ecosystems_project.docx